Friday, March 7, 2008

Weight loss

OK, so here's the before shot. Yeah, I know, supremely gay pose. I have no doubt that more gay men find it attractive than do straight women. What can I say, I had just gotten off an 8 month deployment and had been drinking and thought "I'm in really good shape, I ought to document this for posterity and/or online dating purposes" So i did, and ever since this picture has kinda haunted me. It's just that when a kid who's always been just a little soft around the midsection suddenly finds himself in shape and drunk, there are many worse things he could do than take a photograph of himself in his barracks room while still wearing his stupid rigger's belt (tool). I wish there were a non-asswipe pose picture of me in this condition, but at that time in my life I didn't do a lot of shirtless photography and never really took more, so this is all i've got to show what once was. I hope to replace it with another similar one where I'm in the same shape, but maybe in not quite as homoerotic a pose.

I probably weighed 170-175 pounds in this picture, which was taken in March of '02. I was doing 30 pullups and running a 20 minute 3 mile and spending my weekends drinking, smoking, and being uncivilized. By June taco bell had gotten me back up to a beefy 190, where I bounced around +/- 5 lbs till I got out of the corps and promptly got up somewhere close to 210, where I stayed +/- 5 lbs till I started doing triathlons, which has taken about 10-15 pounds off.


So he'res last summer... 205 or so, blech. Note the beginnings of man boobs.


Today i weigh 196. I want to be in the 180's by April, and by the Half Ironman, back down to the mid/low 170's.

Let's see how I do! Will keep you updated...










Why does it feel so good to put this embarrassing, personal crap on the internet for all to see? What is wrong with me?

2 comments:

sonya said...

actually, both of those photos are homoerotic

Jon said...

Good point. Thanks to that photo my page is now ranked the "number two most homoerotic thing on the internet" according to Homo Today Magazine. apparently some hawaii cyclist has #1. Flattering, really.