Saturday, March 8, 2008

Momentum Multisport- Phenomenal!!

At the risk of sounding like a paid advertisement....

I was downtown this morning and had a little time so I figured I'd stop over at Momentum Multisport, the bike shop that sponsors the HACC (my club). I poked around for a minute looking at the wares and on a whim asked one of the mechanics, Tom, to take a look at my Orbea cause ever since I've had it it's had this quirky creak and hollow popping sound when I crank down on it real hard. (Gil recognizes this as the sound of being left behind) Tom took a look and said the bottom bracket needed some work, and it'd be $25 and he might have it done that day. Fair enough, says I, and went home to do homework.

Tom calls me at about 4:30 and says to come down and pick up the bike, it's done. I get down there and find out that it turned out it wasn't the bottom bracket- he had spent 3 HOURS taking various parts off, cleaning, lubing, tightening, and tinkering until he got all the problems fixed (there were several- I had no idea). Even so, he refused to charge any more than the originally quoted $25! I got on the bike and the thing doesn't make a sound- it has NEVER not made a sound, even after full overhauls at the pearl city bike shop. I was totally stoked, my bike is better than I've ever had it- I didn't realize it could be so smooth and quiet! And $25 bucks for 3 hours of hard work... amazing. Let's just say that from now on I'm driving the extra 10 miles to Momentum and get my bike in to see Tom. Now, if only I could get him to work on my truck...

their website


1 comment:

Strap said...

you still didn't have him fix the biggest problem....that gay orange/blue color scheme.