Sunday, February 28, 2010

Blurgle blurgle drown glurb

Friday the Bride and I worked up the courage (thanks primarily to a box of Targetian wine) to actually click "start" on chatroulette. I could discuss it at great length, but the following video does a much better job than I could.


It was... weird. Slightly interesting, but mostly weird. Moments of our experience reminded me of my experience with hotornot.com about 10 years ago... a lot of exposing yourself to anonymous judgement, and seeing what happens. True to form, putting Rebekah in front of the camera garnered much more conversation than I did. Here's some other funny stuff... it's a fad right now, probably won't have too much staying power... but you never know... I doubt we'll be interested again... it was alcohol fueled internet curiosity... which can lead to some odd places.

So with half a box o' wine and several white russians in my system, saturday morning, a.k.a. "the day of the great excitement over nothing" began. This was not a good morning for Daddy, and only a slightly better for Mommy. The 37 morning phone calls asking if we were OK were not particularly helpful, but it is nice to know we're loved.

The massive earthquake that leveled half of Chile resulted in what will no doubt be remembered as the great disappointment of '10... I fear that we may be subject to some sort of "boy who cried wolf" syndrome here in Hawaii, as we've had several natural disasters that turned out to be... well... meh... like the tropical storm that closed schools but turned out to be a mildly rainy day.

Saturday was mostly us watching this... except w/o the accented commentary:



Nicholas learned how to make Origami Ducks at school and wasted little time but much paper in making an entire colorful flock. Let me know if you want one... we have several, and due to our policy of not throwing away kids' art, they will be here for a while.


Sunday was a whole lotta cleaning. And failing to fix a sink, but finally getting my Vikings rug! just in time for the Playoffs!




No comments: