Saturday, May 10, 2008

Race Preview: MAG-24

well it's not much of a preview because the race is in less than 3 hours, but thought I'd throw something out there with my goals for this race.

Ran the MAG-24 last year in around 1:12, which was a pretty good time. this year, I'd really like to do it in 1:05. I think it's doable.

Last year I swam a 10:30, but last fall in the Splash & Dash I swam the same course in 8:57. Hoping for 9 minutes today.

I think I'll do pretty well on the bike. Last year I rode a 32:26 but hopefully this year I can smoke it and do something more like 29:30.

I ran the same 3.5 mile run course in the Splash & Dash in 25 minutes last year, an improvement over the 27:33 I ran in the triathlon. Hoping for 25 minutes again today.

Add in a minute or so of transition and my goal for the day is 1:04:30... that would be pretty fast! That time would have garnered a 27th/230 overall and 5th/30 in the age group.

Mitigating factors are the fact that I haven't really worked out in over a week and the 4 hours of sleep I'll be racing on. Creature woke me up with her alarm this morning.

No comments: